What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access the internet.
Why are cookies essential to the Pitstop.direct Website?
Types of Cookies that may be used on our website:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that Users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- To monitor and manage our website traffic;
- To authenticate the user whilst they are using the website;
- To identify if the visitor is a User or a Car Repair Business so we can tailor the website experience and function for the visitor;
- To help handle events on our site and optimise the visitor experience, like completing the forms to request a quote for the User, and showing the services page to the car repair business accounts;
- To help show on-screen alerts, including pop-ups for tracking quotes or prices;
- We also use Google cookies that are created and used by Google Analytics and other Google products for account, web-session and authentication management;
- To create adaptive, personalized banners/ads that display relevant offers (such as recommendations of our products and services that you might be interested in) when you visit other websites, such as social media websites.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by us, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer (including those from this visit) as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to your handset manual.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you use your browser settings to block/amend all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website, or restrict the experience you have.
This Cookies Policy was last updated on 27 August 2020.